Ghost Hunts for Under 18s

We are able to accommodate under 18s on some ghost hunts so long as their parents/guardians attend.


Ghost Hunting experiences for Under 18's (14 - 16 year olds)

We are able to accommodate under 18s (over 14 years old) on many of our ghost hunts so long as they are accompanied by their parents or guardians.

The booking must be made by someone over the age of 18.

We do not accept under 18s unaccompanied.

Please contact us with your requirements and budget if it is a private event. The cost is the same as our adult ghost hunts, but some of our locations we are able to start earlier.



The following venues we can accommodate over 16s with parents/guardians, (please contact us for younger children)

Ghost Hunt at Bilsington Priory (April)
Venue: Bilsington Priory · Location: Bilsington, nr Ashford, Kent
Date: 26th April 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £45 Per Person

Bilsington Priory (April)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Free car park on site
Free car park on site
Warm clothing advised
Warm clothing advised
Lots of Stairs
Lots of Stairs
Over 16s only
Over 16s only

0

Tickets Available

SOLD OUT


St Augustine's Priory, Bilsington, Kent was founded by John Mansel in June 1253 with the consent of Henry III and the Archbishop of Canterbury professing the rule of St Augustine.

The foundation charter was confirmed by a charter of Henry III, dated 12 June, 1253, which was confirmed afterwards by Henry VI in 1444 and Edward IV in 1466.

St Augustine's Priory was surrendered to the crown in 1535 and it was abandoned at Henry VIII's dissolution of the monasteries in 1538.

During the 1820s it was a base for smuggling gangs namely the Ransley Gang and The Aldington Gang. The Priory was restored 1906 by J.T. Micklethwaite, Architect

During the Second World War troops were billeted at St Augustine's Priory and at some point it was also an infirmary.

St Augustine's Priory has had a long and varied history and during our site visit we came across two Canadian Soldiers from the Second World War and a lady in Victorian dress lazing near to the pond.


Date: Friday 26th April 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £45

Tickets Available: 0
Minimum Guest Age: 16 years old.

Ghost Hunt at Beacon Hill Fort (April)
Venue: Beacon Hill Fort · Location: Harwich, Essex
Date: 27th April 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £40 Per Person

Beacon Hill Fort (April)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Free car park on site
Free car park on site
Wear sensible sturdy footwear
Wear sensible sturdy footwear
Warm clothing advised
Warm clothing advised
Lots of Walking
Lots of Walking
Over 14s only
Over 14s only

8

Tickets Available

Book your Place


Beacon Hill Fort in Harwich, Essex was originally three blockhouses, constructed during the reign of Henry VIII, following his visit to the town in 1543.

The site was chosen for Harwich Barracks. These were built in 1803. They subsequently housed most of the Harwich army and militia camp during almost the whole French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars era, and a naval signal station.

In 1889 work began on a totally new fort, which was completed in 1892. The fort saw use in World War One, and was re-adapted in World War Two. The Beacon Hill site also from time to time housed anti-aircraft guns and torpedo tubes.

The fort was finally decommissioned in 1956.

Uncertainty still surrounds the death of Gregory Chung whose burnt and decomposing body was found at the Beacon Hill fort at Harwich in 2000. A murder inquiry was launched but the inquest heard it was probable Mr Chung, 23, set fire to himself.


Date: Saturday 27th April 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £40

Tickets Available: 8
Minimum Guest Age: 14 years old.
Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials from this location.

Ghost Hunt at Beacon Hill Fort (June)
Venue: Beacon Hill Fort · Location: Harwich, Essex
Date: 1st June 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £40 Per Person

Beacon Hill Fort (June)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Free car park on site
Free car park on site
Over 14s only
Over 14s only
VIP Tickets
VIP Tickets available - Read More

16

Tickets Available

Book your Place


Beacon Hill Fort in Harwich, Essex was originally three blockhouses, constructed during the reign of Henry VIII, following his visit to the town in 1543.

The site was chosen for Harwich Barracks. These were built in 1803. They subsequently housed most of the Harwich army and militia camp during almost the whole French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars era, and a naval signal station.

In 1889 work began on a totally new fort, which was completed in 1892. The fort saw use in World War One, and was re-adapted in World War Two. The Beacon Hill site also from time to time housed anti-aircraft guns and torpedo tubes.

The fort was finally decommissioned in 1956.

Uncertainty still surrounds the death of Gregory Chung whose burnt and decomposing body was found at the Beacon Hill fort at Harwich in 2000. A murder inquiry was launched but the inquest heard it was probable Mr Chung, 23, set fire to himself.


Date: Saturday 1st June 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £40

Tickets Available: 16
Minimum Guest Age: 14 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)
Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials from this location.

Ghost Hunt at Harwich Redoubt Fort (June)
Venue: Harwich Redoubt Fort · Location: Harwich, Essex
Date: 22nd June 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £46 Per Person

Harwich Redoubt Fort (June)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Free car park on site
Free car park on site
Lots of Stairs
Lots of Stairs
Over 16s only
Over 16s only
VIP Tickets
VIP Tickets available - Read More

15

Tickets Available

Book your Place


Harwich Redoubt Fort in Harwich, Essex was constructed between 1808 and 1810 to protect the port of Harwich against the threat of Napoleonic invasion. The fort was constructed on a hill, which allowed views in all directions.

French prisoners of war were made to help construct the fort. The fort has a central parade ground. It was originally armed with ten 24 pounder cannons. In 1861 a 68 pounder cannon was added to the fort's weapon range.

Later in 1903 three 12 pounder QF guns were added to the fort. Despite the ongoing modernisation no shot was fired in force. In the 1920s the redoubt was falling into disrepair. The fort was briefly used during the Second World War to house British troops awaiting trial. Restoration started in 1969 and still continues today.

Ghostly Activity
Witnesses have reportedly seen apparitions through the windows and heard unexplained footsteps. Many visitors to the fort have also reported being touched by unseen hands in the lower casements. There have also been many other mysterious noises and apparitions seen by visitors.

The fort is well known for the apparition of a headless soldier. In 1972 a soldier was decapitated by a cable attached to a 12 ton cannon which broke under the strain. It is rumoured that this soldier now roams the fort.


Date: Saturday 22nd June 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £46

Tickets Available: 15
Minimum Guest Age: 16 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)
Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials from this location.

Ghost Hunt at Fort Horsted (June)
Venue: Fort Horsted · Location: Chatham, Kent
Date: 29th June 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £46 Per Person

Fort Horsted (June)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Free car park on site
Free car park on site
Lots of Walking
Lots of Walking
Lots of Stairs
Lots of Stairs
Over 16s only
Over 16s only

16

Tickets Available

Book your Place


Fort Horsted was the largest of the five forts designed to defend Chatham's eastern and southern approaches. Many changes were made to the original design of Horsted since its inception in the 1860's. Most noticeably Fort Horsted does not have caponiers or other exposed external features clearly visible in earlier works such as the Drop Redoubt in Dover. This was due to the development of high explosive shells in the intervening period between the 1860's and the eventual construction some twenty years later. Fort Horsted was finished by 1889, but never received the full compliment of armament she was designed for. In 1902 Fort Horsted was mounted with seven machine guns. In the Second World War AA guns were mounted at the Fort.


Date: Saturday 29th June 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £46

Tickets Available: 16
Minimum Guest Age: 16 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)
Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials from this location.

Ghost Hunt at Slough Fort (July)
Venue: Slough Fort · Location: Allhallows, Kent
Date: 13th July 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £40 Per Person

Slough Fort (July)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Free car park on site
Free car park on site
Over 14s only
Over 14s only
VIP Tickets
VIP Tickets available - Read More

16

Tickets Available

Book your Place


Slough Fort, Allhallows, Kent is a small artillery fort that was built in the north of the Hoo Peninsula in Kent. Constructed in 1867, the D-shaped fort was intended to guard a vulnerable stretch of the River Thames against possible enemy landings during a period of tension with France. Its seven casemates initially accommodated rifled breech loading guns, which were replaced by the turn of the century by more powerful breech-loaders on disappearing carriages, mounted in concrete wing batteries on either side of the fort. It was likely one of the smallest of the forts constructed as a result of the 1860s invasion scare.

All of the guns were removed by 1912, though the fort continued in use during the First World War as a command post. It was decommissioned in 1920 and sold off in 1929 and converted into a small zoo. Before the Second World War; it was used as an observation post from 1938, became part of the local anti-invasion system in 1939-40 and was used as part of the air defence network against V-1 flying bombs in 1944. There was partial restoration in 2012-13 that uncovered previously buried features of the fort.

Ghostly Activity
Whilst on our site visit a strange presence was felt in the Brig (cells) area of the fort, as well as previous visitors hearing a girl laughing in the right wing battery part of the Fort.


Date: Saturday 13th July 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £40

Tickets Available: 16
Minimum Guest Age: 14 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)
Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials from this location.

Ghost Hunt at Tide Mill (July)
Venue: Tide Mill · Location: Woodbridge, Suffolk
Date: 27th July 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £45 Per Person

Tide Mill (July)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Lots of Stairs
Lots of Stairs
Over 16s only
Over 16s only

14

Tickets Available


Check Car Parking

Book your Place


Woodbridge Tide Mill in Suffolk was one of the first tide mills in the country, and was unquestionably the last one working – operating for well over 800 years.

The earliest record of a tide mill on this site by the River Deben is in 1170.

In 1793 the present mill was built on the site of earlier ones. By the 1950s it had become the last working tide mill in the country, but in 1957 finally closed. It was saved in 1968, restored and opened to the public in 1973.

Will you hear the cries of William Bacon, a mill worker, 29 years old who suffocated to death on 6th December 1870?


Date: Saturday 27th July 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £45

Tickets Available: 14
Minimum Guest Age: 16 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)
Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials from this location.

Ghost Hunt at Beacon Hill Fort (August)
Venue: Beacon Hill Fort · Location: Harwich, Essex
Date: 17th August 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £40 Per Person

Beacon Hill Fort (August)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Free car park on site
Free car park on site
Over 14s only
Over 14s only
VIP Tickets
VIP Tickets available - Read More

16

Tickets Available

Book your Place


Beacon Hill Fort in Harwich, Essex was originally three blockhouses, constructed during the reign of Henry VIII, following his visit to the town in 1543.

The site was chosen for Harwich Barracks. These were built in 1803. They subsequently housed most of the Harwich army and militia camp during almost the whole French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars era, and a naval signal station.

In 1889 work began on a totally new fort, which was completed in 1892. The fort saw use in World War One, and was re-adapted in World War Two. The Beacon Hill site also from time to time housed anti-aircraft guns and torpedo tubes.

The fort was finally decommissioned in 1956.

Uncertainty still surrounds the death of Gregory Chung whose burnt and decomposing body was found at the Beacon Hill fort at Harwich in 2000. A murder inquiry was launched but the inquest heard it was probable Mr Chung, 23, set fire to himself.


Date: Saturday 17th August 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £40

Tickets Available: 16
Minimum Guest Age: 14 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)
Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials from this location.

Ghost Hunt at Slough Fort (September)
Venue: Slough Fort · Location: Allhallows, Kent
Date: 20th September 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £40 Per Person

Slough Fort (September)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Free car park on site
Free car park on site
Over 14s only
Over 14s only
VIP Tickets
VIP Tickets available - Read More

16

Tickets Available

Book your Place


Slough Fort, Allhallows, Kent is a small artillery fort that was built in the north of the Hoo Peninsula in Kent. Constructed in 1867, the D-shaped fort was intended to guard a vulnerable stretch of the River Thames against possible enemy landings during a period of tension with France. Its seven casemates initially accommodated rifled breech loading guns, which were replaced by the turn of the century by more powerful breech-loaders on disappearing carriages, mounted in concrete wing batteries on either side of the fort. It was likely one of the smallest of the forts constructed as a result of the 1860s invasion scare.

All of the guns were removed by 1912, though the fort continued in use during the First World War as a command post. It was decommissioned in 1920 and sold off in 1929 and converted into a small zoo. Before the Second World War; it was used as an observation post from 1938, became part of the local anti-invasion system in 1939-40 and was used as part of the air defence network against V-1 flying bombs in 1944. There was partial restoration in 2012-13 that uncovered previously buried features of the fort.

Ghostly Activity
Whilst on our site visit a strange presence was felt in the Brig (cells) area of the fort, as well as previous visitors hearing a girl laughing in the right wing battery part of the Fort.


Date: Friday 20th September 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £40

Tickets Available: 16
Minimum Guest Age: 14 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)
Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials from this location.

Ghost Hunt at British Schools Museum (Sept)
Venue: British Schools Museum · Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Date: 28th September 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £49 Per Person

British Schools Museum (Sept)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Lots of Walking
Lots of Walking
Over 16s only
Over 16s only

22

Tickets Available


Check Car Parking

Book your Place


The British Schools Museum is in original Edwardian and Victorian school buildings in Hitchin in Hertfordshire, England. The museum complex is made up of school buildings housing infants, girls and boys schools with houses for Master and Mistress. It includes a monitorial schoolroom based on the educational theories of Joseph Lancaster for 300 boys, which opened in 1837, and a rare galleried classroom, dating from 1853.

The first school on the site was a schoolroom for 200 boys and 100 girls. It was founded in 1810 by local lawyer William Wilshere in a disused malthouse. This schoolroom was the first monitorial school for the sons of the poor in Hertfordshire. Teaching was based on Joseph Lancaster's methods of monitorial teaching. He developed a system in which large numbers of younger scholars could be taught by older scholars under the supervision of the master (for boys) or mistress (for girls). This method continued until the Revised Code of 1862 that brought in the Pupil Teacher method of teaching.

The school grew steadily and to such an extent that in 1837 a new schoolroom was built that could hold 300 boys. This was completed in 1838.

In 1857, it was decided by the School's Board of Trustees to completely rebuild the Girls' and Infants' School. The new building was completed in 1858 together with adjoining houses for the Master and Mistress.

It remained as a school until 1969.

Ghostly Activity includes full body apparitions, loud footsteps and crying voices.


Date: Saturday 28th September 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £49

Tickets Available: 22
Minimum Guest Age: 16 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)

Ghost Hunt at Harwich Redoubt Fort (October)
Venue: Harwich Redoubt Fort · Location: Harwich, Essex
Date: 5th October 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £46 Per Person

Harwich Redoubt Fort (October)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Free car park on site
Free car park on site
Wear sensible sturdy footwear
Wear sensible sturdy footwear
Warm clothing advised
Warm clothing advised
Lots of Stairs
Lots of Stairs
Over 16s only
Over 16s only

20

Tickets Available

Book your Place


Harwich Redoubt Fort in Harwich, Essex was constructed between 1808 and 1810 to protect the port of Harwich against the threat of Napoleonic invasion. The fort was constructed on a hill, which allowed views in all directions.

French prisoners of war were made to help construct the fort. The fort has a central parade ground. It was originally armed with ten 24 pounder cannons. In 1861 a 68 pounder cannon was added to the fort's weapon range.

Later in 1903 three 12 pounder QF guns were added to the fort. Despite the ongoing modernisation no shot was fired in force. In the 1920s the redoubt was falling into disrepair. The fort was briefly used during the Second World War to house British troops awaiting trial. Restoration started in 1969 and still continues today.

Ghostly Activity
Witnesses have reportedly seen apparitions through the windows and heard unexplained footsteps. Many visitors to the fort have also reported being touched by unseen hands in the lower casements. There have also been many other mysterious noises and apparitions seen by visitors.

The fort is well known for the apparition of a headless soldier. In 1972 a soldier was decapitated by a cable attached to a 12 ton cannon which broke under the strain. It is rumoured that this soldier now roams the fort.


Date: Saturday 5th October 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £46

Tickets Available: 20
Minimum Guest Age: 16 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)
Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials from this location.

Ghost Hunt at Bilsington Priory (October)
Venue: Bilsington Priory · Location: Bilsington, nr Ashford, Kent
Date: 18th October 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £45 Per Person

Bilsington Priory (October)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Free car park on site
Free car park on site
Wear sensible sturdy footwear
Wear sensible sturdy footwear
Warm clothing advised
Warm clothing advised
Lots of Stairs
Lots of Stairs
Over 16s only
Over 16s only

22

Tickets Available

Book your Place


St Augustine's Priory, Bilsington, Kent was founded by John Mansel in June 1253 with the consent of Henry III and the Archbishop of Canterbury professing the rule of St Augustine.

The foundation charter was confirmed by a charter of Henry III, dated 12 June, 1253, which was confirmed afterwards by Henry VI in 1444 and Edward IV in 1466.

St Augustine's Priory was surrendered to the crown in 1535 and it was abandoned at Henry VIII's dissolution of the monasteries in 1538.

During the 1820s it was a base for smuggling gangs namely the Ransley Gang and The Aldington Gang. The Priory was restored 1906 by J.T. Micklethwaite, Architect

During the Second World War troops were billeted at St Augustine's Priory and at some point it was also an infirmary.

St Augustine's Priory has had a long and varied history and during our site visit we came across two Canadian Soldiers from the Second World War and a lady in Victorian dress lazing near to the pond.


Date: Friday 18th October 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £45

Tickets Available: 22
Minimum Guest Age: 16 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)
Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials from this location.

Ghost Hunt at Tide Mill (October)
Venue: Tide Mill · Location: Woodbridge, Suffolk
Date: 19th October 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £45 Per Person

Tide Mill (October)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Wear sensible sturdy footwear
Wear sensible sturdy footwear
Warm clothing advised
Warm clothing advised
Lots of Stairs
Lots of Stairs
Over 16s only
Over 16s only

16

Tickets Available


Check Car Parking

Book your Place


Woodbridge Tide Mill in Suffolk was one of the first tide mills in the country, and was unquestionably the last one working – operating for well over 800 years.

The earliest record of a tide mill on this site by the River Deben is in 1170.

In 1793 the present mill was built on the site of earlier ones. By the 1950s it had become the last working tide mill in the country, but in 1957 finally closed. It was saved in 1968, restored and opened to the public in 1973.

Will you hear the cries of William Bacon, a mill worker, 29 years old who suffocated to death on 6th December 1870?


Date: Saturday 19th October 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £45

Tickets Available: 16
Minimum Guest Age: 16 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)
Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials from this location.

Ghost Hunt at Charlton House (October)
Venue: Charlton House · Location: Greenwich, London
Date: 25th October 2024 · Time: 8:30pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £65 Per Person

Charlton House (October)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Free car park on site
Free car park on site
Lots of Stairs
Lots of Stairs
Over 16s only
Over 16s only

21

Tickets Available

Book your Place


Charlton House in Greenwich, London was built between 1607 and 1612 by Sir Adam Newton, Charlton House is one of the finest examples of Jacobean domestic architecture in the country.

The house and grounds were used as a hospital for officers during World War I and were bought by the Metropolitan Borough of Greenwich in 1925. The North (Chapel) Wing was bombed during the Blitz of the Second World War and was subsequently rebuilt albeit with non-matching bricks such as were available in the immediate post-war period.


Date: Friday 25th October 2024

Time: 8:30pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £65

Tickets Available: 21
Minimum Guest Age: 16 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)
Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials from this location.

Ghost Hunt at Bilsington Priory (November)
Venue: Bilsington Priory · Location: Bilsington, nr Ashford, Kent
Date: 8th November 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £46 Per Person

Bilsington Priory (November)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Free car park on site
Free car park on site
Wear sensible sturdy footwear
Wear sensible sturdy footwear
Warm clothing advised
Warm clothing advised
Lots of Stairs
Lots of Stairs
Over 16s only
Over 16s only

20

Tickets Available

Book your Place


St Augustine's Priory, Bilsington, Kent was founded by John Mansel in June 1253 with the consent of Henry III and the Archbishop of Canterbury professing the rule of St Augustine.

The foundation charter was confirmed by a charter of Henry III, dated 12 June, 1253, which was confirmed afterwards by Henry VI in 1444 and Edward IV in 1466.

St Augustine's Priory was surrendered to the crown in 1535 and it was abandoned at Henry VIII's dissolution of the monasteries in 1538.

During the 1820s it was a base for smuggling gangs namely the Ransley Gang and The Aldington Gang. The Priory was restored 1906 by J.T. Micklethwaite, Architect

During the Second World War troops were billeted at St Augustine's Priory and at some point it was also an infirmary.

St Augustine's Priory has had a long and varied history and during our site visit we came across two Canadian Soldiers from the Second World War and a lady in Victorian dress lazing near to the pond.


Date: Friday 8th November 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £46

Tickets Available: 20
Minimum Guest Age: 16 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)
Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials from this location.

Ghost Hunt at The Brickworks (Dec)
Venue: The Brickworks · Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Date: 14th December 2024 · Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am · Tickets: £46 Per Person

The Brickworks (Dec)
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Tea/Coffee provided for free
Free car park on site
Free car park on site
Wear sensible sturdy footwear
Wear sensible sturdy footwear
Warm clothing advised
Warm clothing advised
Lots of Walking
Lots of Walking
Over 16s only
Over 16s only
VIP Tickets
VIP Tickets available - Read More

24

Tickets Available

Book your Place


Bursledon Brickworks in Southampton, Hampshire was built in 1897. The new brickworks were innovative for their time as they used a large brick making machine and known as a stiff clay extruder. The manufacturers claimed it was capable of making 40,000 bricks a day. The machine was run by a steam engine.

Once the bricks were made they were dried in large drying sheds. These were heated via underfloor pipes and the bricks took a set time to dry. When they had dried completely the bricks were then taken down to the kiln.

The kiln was a continuous kiln with twelve chambers. Each chamber could hold up to 26,000 bricks at a time. The kiln was always burning with the chambers going from cold to over 1000 degrees Centigrade every 15 days or so.

In 1903, the brickworks changed its name to The Bursledon Brick Co. Limited or (B.B.C. Ltd.). This coincided with the extension of the southern complex and the addition of another complete works to the north. This was further extended in 1935 with the addition of a third unit. With the extra capacity, the brickworks was producing in excess of 20 million bricks a year. They were one of the main producers of bricks in the region.

After the Second World War, the family business was amalgamated with the Sussex and Dorking Brick Company and in 1959 became Redland Holdings Ltd.

The brickworks finally closed in 1974, and the site was later saved from demolition by the Hampshire Buildings Preservation Trust. Bursledon Brickworks Museum houses the brick kiln, chimney, drying sheds, boiler and engine house.

Ghost activity includes the sound of; whistling, voices, knocking as well as shadows and a black mass. Are these caused by the workers going about their daily routine in the workshops?

Date: Saturday 14th December 2024

Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Ticket Price Per Person: £46

Tickets Available: 24
Minimum Guest Age: 16 years old.

Deposit payment available (£20 per person)

Share |